Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

New Books! Hurrah!

Two books arrived yesterday that I've really been looking forward to.The first one is Gustavo GutiƩrrez's "A Theology of Liberation", partly for my Liberation Theology essay, and partly because I just wanted to read it.

The second is Leo Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is Within You", which, from having read a little bit seems rather extreme. He seems to advocate total non-resistance, something that I find very tricky to reconcile with my slightly pragmatic approach (even though I do have my fair share of wide-eyed idealism...), in particular when we think back to the second world war. If everyone was a pacifist, then that would be fantastic, but when there are people like Hitler in the world, resistance can be justified. I wouldn't mind being converted to total pacifism, so I'm giving old Leo the chance, but I don't think it'll be likely. Ho-hum.

I've got a big post coming up (with pictures and everything!) that involves Bactrian Camels (my favorite type of camel), a Forward in Faith Church and The 7th Marquess of Bath. Technorati Tags: , ,
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?